Blog Archive

Sunday, May 31, 2015

Irregular Exercise 6

Irregular verbs.

Directions: Complete the sentences with the simple past of the given irregular verbs. There may
be more than one possible completion.

a. begin            b. drive           c. hurt           d. ring           e. think
f.  build             g. eat              h. keep          i. rise            j. write
k. come            l. fall               m. lead          n. shut
o. do                p. freeze         q. pay            r. steal
s. drink             t. have            u. run             v.take


Answer these question.
1. Sue ............... a cup of coffee before class this morning.
2. We ................. a delicious dinner at a Mexican restaurant last night.
3. When it ..................to rain yesterday afternoon, I ...............all of the windows in the apartment.
4. The phone .................. eight times before anybody answered it.
5. My brother and his wife .......................... to our apartment for dinner last night.
6. The architectural firm that I work for designed that building. My brother's construction company .....................it. They took two years to complete it.
7. When Alan slipped on the icy sidewalk yesterday, he down and ................his back. His back is very painful today.
8. Alice called the police yesterday because .........................someone her bicycle while she was in the library studying. She's very angry.
9. There was a cool breeze last night. I opened the window, but Colette got cold and ................ it.
10. Ted .................... his car across Canada last summer.
11. Rita ................ faster than anyone else in the footrace.
12. None of the other runners was ever in front of Rita during the race. She ............. all of the other runners in the race from start to finish.
13. Greg is very cheap. I was surprised when he ..................... for my dinner.
14. It was really cold yesterday. The temperature was three below zero.* I nearly ............... to death when I walked home!
*Note: -3°F (Fahrenheit) equals -20°C (Centigrade or Celsius).
15. Jason .....................an excellent job in gluing the broken vase together.
16. The sun ..........................at 6:21 this morning.
17. I .....................about going to Florida for my vacation, but I finally decided to go to Puerto Rico.
18. My friend ..................a note and passed it to me in class.
19. My mother ......................all the letters I wrote to her while I was in England.She didn't throw any away.
20. An earthquake destroyed the old bridge, so the town ..................a new one across the river.

Previous exercise

Next Exercise

0 komentar

Post a Comment