Blog Archive

Sunday, May 31, 2015

Irregular Exercise 7

Irregular verbs.

Directions: Complete the sentences with the simple past of any of the given irregular verbs. There
may be more than one possible completion.

  • break draw give quit steal
  • buy fall grow read teach
  • choose feel hear shake
  • cut find lose sleep
  • dig forget meet speak
 Answer these Questions
1. A: Why isn't Bill here for the meeting? He's supposed to give the weekly report.
    B: I ...................... to him on the phone last night, and he said he'd be here.

2. After I gave a large bone to each of my three dogs, they went to separate corners of the backyard and .................holes to bury their bones.

3. After looking at all the chairs, I finally ...................... the red one. It was a difficult decision.

4. The players are depressed because they ...............the game last weekend. Next time they'll play better.

5. A: How can you take a three-month vacation? What about your job?
    B: I won't be going back to that job ever again. I  ......................... yesterday.

6. Laurie has circles under her eyes because she ......................... only two hours last night. She was studying for her final exams.

7. Matt lost his watch. He looked everywhere for it. Finally, he ................... it in his pants that were in the washing machine. He had washed his watch, but it was still ticking.

8. Joy was barefoot. She stepped on a piece of broken glass and ................her foot.

9. Danny and I are old friends. We ..................each other in 1985.

10. My father ......................me how to make furniture.

11. The student with the highest grade point average ......................a speech at the graduation ceremony. She ...........................about her hopes for the future of the world.

12. I didn't have a garden, so I  ................tomatoes in a pot on the balcony outside my apartment.

13. Paul was in a hurry to get to class this morning. He ....................to comb his hair.

14. Last week I .................an interesting book about the volcanoes in Iceland.

15. When Erica and I were introduced to each other, we.................. hands.

16. Mike is in jail because he............................ a car.

17. When I heard about Sue's problem, I ...................... sorry for her.

18. The students all ...............................pictures of their teacher, but few of the drawings looked like her. She tried not to laugh at the pictures.

19. A few minutes ago, I ........................on the radio about a bad plane accident.

20. Joe had an accident. He .......................off the roof and .......................his leg.

Previous Exercise

Next Exercise

0 komentar

Post a Comment