Blog Archive

Sunday, May 31, 2015

Past Tense Irreguler (Exercise 5)

Simple past: regular and irregular verbs.

Directions: Complete the sentences by using the simple past of the verbs below. Use each verb
only once.

a. call           b. fight           c. freeze             d. hold              e. jump
f. ride           g. sell             h. shake              i. stay               j. swim
k. teach        l. think

Answer these question:
1. Paul ................... the soft drink so hard that it sprayed all over his clothes.
2. Carol didn't want to go on vacation with us, so she .....................home alone all week.
3. Since I hurt my knee, I can't go jogging. Yesterday, I ...................... in the pool for an hour instead.
4. I was terrified just standing over the pool on the high diving board. Finally, I took a deep breath, held my nose, and ................. into the water.
5. The climber, who was fearful of falling, .................... the rope tightly in both hands.
6. Johnny pushed Alan down on the floor, and the two boys ............for a few minutes. Neither boy was hurt.
7. Before Louise started her own company, she ............................ chemistry at the university.
8. It was extremely cold last night, and the water we put out for the cat ...............................solid.
9. Before I made my decision, I ....................................about it for a long, long time.
10. Carlos ............................ your house three times to ask you to go to the movie with us, but there was no answer, so we went without you.
11. My car wouldn't start this morning, so I .............................. my bicycle to work.
12. I needed money to pay my tuition at the university, so I ......................my motorcycle to my cousin.

Previous Lesson

Next Lesson

2 komentar

Unknown May 31, 2015 at 5:19 AM

I try to answers 1h 2i 3j 4e 5d 6b 7k 8c 9L 10a 11f 12g,.....semoga ada yg betul meski cma 1 hehe....

Jenyford smith September 6, 2021 at 9:54 AM

Thank you for posting this.Private tutor Short Hills You most absolutely have built this blog website into something special.

Post a Comment